Government ServicesDepartmental ServicesBusiness ServicesResidential ServicesVisitorsHelp Center
Click to Home

Go To Search
Street Signs
Street and Regulatory Signs

Within the city limits of Hoover, the Public Works and the Engineering Departments maintain and authorize all standard roadway signs along public roadways that are not maintained by Jefferson County, Shelby County, or Alabama Department of Transportation.

Submit requests for damaged or missing signs to the Public Works Department.

Submit requests for new street signs to the Engineering Department.

Information regarding Neighborhood Watch signs should be made to Officer Brian Hale () with the Hoover Police Department.

Note: The city no longer installs or maintains Children Playing or other similar signs as these signs have been deleted from the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices adopted for use in the State of Alabama. Furthermore, the City of Hoover does not maintain specialty or decorative signs, except as noted within the city's Riverchase and Inverness annexation agreements.

New Signs
Engineering Department
2020 Valleydale Rd.
Ste E-100
Hoover, AL 35244

Ph: 205-444-7896

Existing Signs
Public Works Department
2020 Valleydale Rd.
Ste 111
Hoover, AL   35244

Ph: 205-444-7543

Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 4:00 pm

Online Request