Hoover Senior Center
Mission StatementThe Hoover Senior Center exists as a partnership to serve and empower senior adults by providing opportunities that promote quality of life through social engagement, physical well-being, community involvement, creativity, and life-long learning.
Vision StatementThe Hoover Senior Center is recognized as a model for excellence in providing opportunities, programs, and services for older adults. Through a dedicated team of staff, the HSC seeks to enrich the lives of seniors as we serve and empower them in a positive and safe environment.
- Available to Hoover residents age 55 and older
- A valid photo id and proof of residency is required (current utility bill accepted)
- Annual membership fee is $10 per person. This membership provides access to the Senior Center and the Hoover Recreation Center Indoor Track.
- Some additional fees may apply for special activities
Facility AmenitiesSince February 2007, the City of Hoover has provided the perfect place for our seniors to meet others, enjoy the view, and participate in activities.
The 8,000-square-foot building offers:
- Creative arts room
- Two multi-purpose rooms
- Large sun room overlooking the city
Virtual TourTake a virtual tour of the Senior Center.
ActivitiesView our for all of our activities, trips and other special events.
You can also sign up to be notified of the latest edition.
Hoover has teamed up with Jefferson County Office of Senior Services to provide a daily lunch for individuals 60 years and older who are Jefferson County residents. A donation is requested per meal which are available on a first come, first served basis. View our or see our staff for details.
Hoover Senior Center Holidays
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day