The City of Hoover Mobile Food Truck Ordinance governs the operations of food trucks within the City limits.
TO OBTAIN A PERMIT FOR A MOBILE FOOD UNIT YOU MUST PRESENT THE FOLLOWING:
- City of Hoover Fire Department Inspection and Approval
- Contact the Fire Department at 205-444-7655 for inspection
- Copy of Health Department approval specifically for the mobile food unit (Jefferson or Shelby County only)
- A copy of applicant’s I.D. source (either US driver’s license, US passport, US state issued ID card, or Foreign passport with US Visa)
- Photo of the mobile unit to include side elevation and license plate (Fire department will take pictures during inspection for convenience)
- Completed Mobile Food Unit permit application.
- Permit fee of $300.00
Download a Mobile Food Permit Application
NOTE: EACH MOBILE UNIT REQUIRES A SEPARATE PERMIT AS WELL AS A SEPARATE BUSINESS LICENSE.
After obtaining the permit, you will proceed to Revenue to obtain your business license. (Separate fee will be payable for the business license.)